These accounts feature:
Potential tax advantages
Special HSA debit cards
Health Savings Account
You and your family deserve the best care possible
Major illnesses, severe injuries and chronic conditions can cause considerable stress. So can the big medical bills that follow. One way to soften the blow is with a NorthCountry HSA. Not only can you set aside money for doctors' visits and hospital stays, but you can also use your tax-advantaged savings for more routine matters like prescriptions, eyeglasses and dental care.
- Designed for individuals and families with high-deductible health coverage plans
- Qualified withdrawals are tax-free
- Earn competitive dividends on deposits
- No minimum balance or monthly service fees
- Free HSA debit card for convenient access to funds
- Unused balance can be rolled over to the following year
You've got questions, we've got answersView All FAQs
Contribute up to $3,850 per individual and $7,750 per family per year. An additional catch-up amount of $1,000 may apply for people over age 55.
This is determined by the IRS. You can refer to its website and Publication 502 for guidance.
You should consult with your employer or medical insurance provider to determine if your specific plan meets the IRS qualifications to be HSA eligible.
Yes, you can use your HSA to pay for qualified medical expenses for your spouse and dependent children. If you would like a debit card for them, stop by one of our branches or contact us for assistance.