Credit Card Balance Transfer
High-interest credit cards weighing you down? It's time to lighten the load.
Our balance transfers feature:
No balance transfer fee
Convenient online processing through digital banking
Pay just 5.99% APR* for two years on balance transfers
Limited time offer! Transfer balances from higher-rate credit cards to a NorthCountry credit card and pay only 5.99% APR for two years. Don't have a NorthCountry credit card? The first step is to apply. It's quick and easy! Apply online or stop by any of our locations.
* Promotional annual percentage rate (APR) of 5.99% applies to balances transferred to a NorthCountry credit card from an external source. Two years from the post date of each transfer, the promotional APR will end and the regular APR will apply (ranging from 7.45% to 16.95% as of 5/1/23 (subject to change) based on your credit qualifications.) Please allow up to 15 business days for your balance transfer(s) to be completed. If your creditors do not process the payoff before your next payment is due, a payment will need to be made to avoid being charged a late fee by them. The amount(s) you transfer plus any existing balance on your NorthCountry credit card may not exceed your credit limit. If you would like to apply for a credit limit increase, please contact us. Offer ends June 30, 2023.
Tired of high credit card rates? Read on ...
Reducing debt is easier when you move your high-interest balances to a credit card that won't tack a balance transfer fee to what you already owe, and has a long history of budget-friendly rates.
Lucky for you, you've discovered the NorthCountry credit card. Gather up your payoff information, and let's go!
If you already have a NorthCountry credit card, log in to digital banking, navigate to your credit card account, and find the "balance transfer" option. If you don't have a NorthCountry credit card yet, apply now and we'll walk you through the rest of the way.
Why choose between value and rewards when you can have both? Our credit card has no annual fee, balance transfer fee, or cash advance fee. Plus, you'll get your choice of rewards, including cash back. Our credit cards come with Visa's Zero Liability policy for unauthorized purchases and the latest fraud prevention technology, including the ability to turn your card on and off in digital banking.
Earn one reward point for every dollar of your credit card purchase. Redeem your points for cash back or other rewards including travel services and gift cards to popular retailers and restaurants. A full list is available by navigating to your credit card information within digital banking.
The first step to gaining access to NorthCountry's products and services is to open a savings (or "share") account. This account has a minimum balance requirement of $5. Ready to get started? Here's our easy account application*.
Yes. Fill out the quick and convenient application below and one of our Loan Officers will be in touch.
You've got questions, we've got answersView All FAQs
If an odd charge appears on your account, contact us immediately. If possible, let us know where your credit card was lost or stolen and the last authorized transaction on the card. If you can access your account through digital banking, we recommend you turn your credit card off until you find it.
Any of these reasons may be the cause:
- Your transaction fell outside of your normal spending habits and triggered our fraud detection software.
- Your card information was input incorrectly.
- Your card has expired.
- You turned off your credit card using the security features in digital banking.
- You have exceeded your overall credit limit.
- You have exceeded your daily spending limit.
Contact us and let us know you would like to increase your limit. We will review your account and see if you qualify.