A way to access equity
Funds can be used for almost any purpose
You take care of your home. Let it take care of you.
Tackle a project. Make a purchase. Take a nice vacation. Pay for college education. Throw a beautiful wedding. Bankroll a home-based business. Life is filled with wants and needs, some that are part of a bigger plan and others that just fall in your lap. One way to cover all the costs is by tapping into the equity in your home or other real estate and walking away with an affordable line of credit.
Real Estate Line of Credit
- Available for real estate including primary residences, summer homes, investment properties and land
- Variable rate credit line
- Access funds for up to ten years
- Your credit line is based on your property's equity (basically, its market value minus what you owe on it)
- Access money easily through checks, digital banking, and at NorthCountry branches
- Pay interest only on the amount of money you actually borrow
- Available for primary residences, summer homes, and land
- Three repayment terms available: 5, 10, or 15 years
- Two years to access your funds
- One fixed rate over the life of the loan
- Easy application process
- One-on-one assistance from a knowledgeable member of our lending team
Completing the Application
When you open the online application, a "Purpose of your Loan" box will appear with three options. Choose the one that best suits your request:
- "Purchase a Home" - You will be using your line of credit to purchase a home or land.
- "No Cash-Out Refinance" - You want to refinance your current line of credit without increasing it.
- "Cash-Out Refinance" - You are requesting a new line of credit or would like to increase an existing one.
If you aren't sure how to answer a question, go ahead and skip it. We'll contact you later with any questions.
If you're not yet a NorthCountry FCU member, the first step to accessing our exclusive products is to open a savings account with a minimum balance of $5. You can do so by completing an account application** online.
Annual percentage rates (APRs) are "as low as" for the approximate terms listed for homes with a loan-to-value (LTV) of up to 80%. Your actual rate will be determined by your credit qualifications and the term you choose. Rates may change at any time. Fees range from $300 to $400. Appraisal, 40-year title examination, and title insurance fees may also apply.
You've got questions, we've got answersView All FAQs
We'll need your income verification and a property appraisal or tax assessment.
You can borrow up to 80% of your real estate's loan-to-value.